The Office Comeback
There is no doubt that COVID-19 has had and will have a massive effect on the workplace. It has forced people to think very differently about their daily existence. Organizations are seeking to understand how to keep people safe, secure, and effective while sustaining their culture as they implement short- and long-term workplace changes. This isn’t just about social distancing or plexiglass barriers – the conversation is bigger than that.
Organizations are looking into what workplace changes to implement—from facility needs, space adjustments and the sequenced return of their workforce. Brooks Corning & Haworth have identified three critical areas of focus to help you navigate the return to the workplace in a COVID-19 environment. Those critical areas are as follows.
- Employee Well-Being: Supporting people’s physical and psychological health to build confidence and enhance performance
- Organizational Culture: Understanding and preserving your culture to empower your workforce and leverage your space in new ways
- Transforming the Floorplate: Addressing facility requirements and density.
With this comes significant operational considerations as well as design implications for how people can be moving forward effectively. The list is ever-growing, but these are a few concepts to consider:
- Ergonomic home office: Is your team set up for success while working from home? If not, we have solutions for you.
- Seating Density: Let us help analyze your facility circulation to achieve appropriate distancing and repurpose spaces to comply with the new physical distancing norms.
- Disassembly and storage of existing furniture: Dismantling, reconfiguration and removal of some of what you have is an easy solution for adjusting density that our team can assist with.
- Cleaning stations: We know this is one of the top priorities and can offer several options so that masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and cleaning products are always visible and readily available.
- Wayfinding: Graphic applications guiding people through your space and visually reminding them about proper distancing.
Brooks Corning is fortunate to partner with Haworth and have access to the knowledge that comes from their global presence and perspective. In addition, we work with many other wonderful manufacturers who are all working very hard to provide creative solutions to the new demands of the workplace. Our first priority is to know more about you – your team, your culture, and your vision, so that we can help you devise a return to work strategy tailored to your specific needs.
Our team would love to hear from you,
Owner & CEO